The City of Boone, Iowa

Quality of life is not just a goal, but a reality in Boone. Come join us!

Starting, Stopping, and Transfer of Service

Dashes in your Social Security Number are required in the following applications.

Start Service

Start-up of service requires the customer to fill out an application to start service.  If you do not have access to a computer we have one available in our Central Business Office. A $125 deposit is required to be paid in our office via cash, check, or money order. To waive the deposit please provide an acceptable letter of credit from another water or electric company.

Start Service Application

Stop Service

Discontinuation of services requires that the customer fill out an application to stop services.  The final bill will be rendered during the next billing cycle. Please provide a forwarding address for deposit refunds or over payments.

Stop Service Application

Transfer Service 

Use the transfer service option if you are moving from one address in Boone to another address in Boone. An additional deposit may be required. If you make online payments you will need to register the new account (you will receive a new account for the new location on your first bill) so that your payments are not applied to the old account. Please call our office if you have questions - 515-432-4211.

Transfer Service Application

Other Area Utilities:

Gas & Electric

Alliant Energy


Contact Us

City Hall
923 8th St
Boone, IA 50036
Get Directions

Topics of Interest