The City of Boone, Iowa

Quality of life is not just a goal, but a reality in Boone. Come join us!

How and Where to Report a Sewer Backup

  1. Call the City first (this is critical to prevent an unnecessary service charge by a plumber contractor) - call 515-432-4211 ext 1129.
  2. If you are calling after business hours, during a holiday or staff is unavailable to take your call, you can call the non-emergency number for County Dispatch at 515-433-0527
  3. City personnel will then be dispatched to inspect the sewer main servicing your property. City personnel will then inform you if a plumber needs to be contacted. (please note that all costs associated with work performed by a plumber is the responsibility of the property owner)
  4. If a plumber is needed City Personnel will continue to be a resource to assist with research of the issue.

Contact Us

Public Works
1410 8th St
Boone, IA 50036
Get Directions

In this Department

Topics of Interest